Who are we?
fidomoney offer an innovative digital composable banking platform that offers bespoke current accounts for business customers.
We are looking for an experienced developer to work as part of our current development team, reporting to the Head of Development. You will be responsible for developing new features for our innovative finance platform and maintaining existing functionality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement technical features in an Agile Software Delivery environment to defined project timescales.
- Assist the team with designing technical solutions for features requested from the business.
- Engage in code reviews with the team, in order to ensure optimal code quality and architecture
- Mentor more junior developers in the team using practices like pair programming in order to increase their skills and code quality.
- Employ best development practices when developing features, including but not exclusively coding standards, unit testing and documentation.
- Knowledge of OOP methodologies, design principles and patterns.
- Experience both consuming and designing efficient and elegant (RESTful APIs).
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) along with the ability to clearly document issues and communicate issues effectively to the team.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables for developed features to a defined timeframe.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests including utilising mocks.
- Experience working with issue tracking systems, like Jira, in an Agile Development workflow.
- Experience working with any popular MVC frameworks, such as Symfony and Laravel.
- 3+ years of experience as a developer.
- Any experience working in FinTech would be beneficial.
- 25 holidays a year.
- Flexible and remote working.
- Company contributed pension.
- Free car parking at the York office.
- Regular social events.
- As much Nespresso coffee as you can drink.
To apply, please email CV and cover letter to [email protected]