Who are we?
fidomoney offer an innovative digital composable banking platform that offers bespoke current accounts for business customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer to work as part of our current development team, reporting to the Head of Development. You will be responsible for developing new features for our innovative fidomoney platform and maintaining existing functionality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement technical features in an Agile Software Delivery environment to defined project timescales.
- Lead other team members when designing technical solutions for features requested from the business.
- Champion adherence to best development practices throughout the team, including the likes of coding standards, effective unit testing and documentation.
- Engage in code reviews with the team, in order to ensure optimal code quality and architecture
- Mentor mid-level and junior developers in the team using practices like pair programming in order to increase their skills and code quality.
- Extensive knowledge of OOP methodologies, design principles and patterns.
- Experience designing an optimal application architecture based on requirements.
- Experience both consuming and designing efficient and elegant (RESTful APIs). As an extra bonus an understanding of OpenAPI specifications would be super!
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) along with the ability to clearly document issues and communicate issues effectively throughout the organisation.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables, planning work and completing tasks in a defined timeframe.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests including utilising mocks, including a good understanding of why good testing is important. Experience with TDD and BDD is a plus.
- Experience working with issue tracking systems, like Jira, in an Agile Development workflow.
- Experience working with popular MVC frameworks, such as Symfony and Laravel.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer.
- Any experience working in FinTech would be beneficial.
- 25 holidays a year.
- Flexible and remote working.
- Company contributed pension.
- Free car parking at the York office.
- Regular social events.
- As much Nespresso coffee as you can drink.
To apply, please email CV and cover letter to [email protected]